Quiet times ahead

Posted in General Discussion.Skip To Latest

JE Couriers LTD

635
Original Poster

Is everyone else finding it hard to pick up work at the moment?

I have gone two days without any work at all and can not figure out why.

I know it always goes a little slow after Christmas and picks up around third or fourth week in January but this is ridiculously quiet.

M & P Express

290

Ideal time to do a bit of legwork then

021 SAMEDAY

3691

JE Courier Service said:


Is everyone else finding it hard to pick up work at the moment?

I have gone two days without any work at all and can not figure out why.

I know it always goes a little slow after Christmas and picks up around third or fourth week in January but this is ridiculously quiet.

Has always been thus - I have known 10 vans & drivers parked up at a courier co office (not ours) all day and not a single job come in for the day.

Whatever you do, don't go thinking that offering lower prices will create work - it won't.

Phax

2250

I have been fairly busy apart from yesterday 1 job then they cancelled. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

A E Delivery

751

3 jobs and over 200 quid monday, nothing yesterday at all ( so i serviced the van ) followed by a very early job worth 30 odd quid followed by sod all in the afternoon, swings and roundabouts then

JE Couriers LTD

635
Original Poster

Didn't do anything for 3 days last week then got a private job then nothing, and so far this week I have not turned a wheel to make money. I did 1 job yesterday morning but that just covered the fuel I put in. OK I have a full Tank but I could do with some work.

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

10314

Certainly quieter than usual for a Januray, although i'm sure some smart arse will tell us they've never been busier, but there's always someone waiting to rub yer nose in it... It'll pick up, its why those in the know tend to sod off in Jan for a much needed break.

SMH

1863

Very quiet here on the van front, worst jan since trading for the vans

Trucks are busy which makes me happy ;-)

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

Spoke to a some who are really quiet so I have passed work onto 3 of them.

JE Couriers LTD

635
Original Poster

Can you pass me some work please. LOL

Gas Motorcycle Couriers

3617

January is always quiet.. but this year has slightly picked up including my regular once a week sameday France Job, I had 3 Friday, had 3 in the last 2 days from a regular and one tomorrow from the same client... But noticed the phone has been busy with cold callers wanting to better my mobile package.. Arhhhhh! But its always the same, Jan, Feb and march can be very slow though...

JE Couriers LTD

635
Original Poster

I have been at this 3 years now and I've never known it this bad. I think next year I will have a family holiday.

Gas Motorcycle Couriers

3617

Why do you hink Mr G works his conkers off, and relaxes this time of year... cause hes not stupid..

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

I have holidays on the beach in Africa every January.

Phax

2250

Every job has its perks Les. Good to enjoy life while we are able. I think next January could be holiday time too.

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

Far too many chasing too few jobs. It's NOT rocket Science

It will only get worse LOL

DJ Specialist Couriers

454

The Phone has been completely dead today, not one call, I even checked to see if it had a dial tone!

DMS NATIONWIDE COURIERS

5507

DJ Specialist Couriers said:


The Phone has been completely dead today, not one call, I even checked to see if it had a dial tone!

Maybe its time to hoover the office again daz lol

DJ Specialist Couriers

454

Yes! As soon as I turn the Hoover on, the Phone will ring and I won't hear it. These Dyson's ain't half noisy. Lol

021 SAMEDAY

3691

DJ Specialist Couriers said:


Yes! As soon as I turn the Hoover on, the Phone will ring and I won't hear it. These Dyson's ain't half noisy. Lol

Ha ha,

Try switching the office phones over to mobile, go home & start making bread - as soon as you are up to your elbows in sticky floury dough then I can guarantee the phone will ring. Probably with a 2 mile "Retail Sameday" type of job!

Springer Express Couriers

2148

Quiet in January? That's Sir Tom Jones....................................... All together now, '' it's not unusual'' Must be time for another cuppa!

Phax

2250

I did 'jack' last January in Yorkshire so now its a huge improvement across them thar hills.

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

BusinessBuddy said:


I did 'jack' last January in Yorkshire so now its a huge improvement across them thar hills.

You liar

RGM Courier Services

1737

BusinessBuddy said:


I did 'jack' last January in Yorkshire so now its a huge improvement across them thar hills.

Why u talking about having holidays next January then?

Phax

2250

Us Yorkies never LIE. I was a virgin last year.

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

BusinessBuddy said:


Every job has its perks Les. Good to enjoy life while we are able. I think next January could be holiday time too.

Just booked 2 weeks on the beach in Africa January 2015, counting the days already :-)

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


BusinessBuddy said:


Every job has its perks Les. Good to enjoy life while we are able. I think next January could be holiday time too.

Just booked 2 weeks on the beach in Africa January 2015, counting the days already :-)

Whereabouts in Africa?

SMH

1863

Gambia the same place as where my wifes best friend has a house

Phax

2250

Where's Judith Chalmers its sounding like 'wish you where here' or is that just a pink floyd album.

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

BusinessBuddy said:


Where's Judith Chalmers its sounding like 'wish you where here' or is that just a pink floyd album.

You verty old if you can remember a group called pink floyd, I remember wham.

A E Delivery

751

i asked a friends mrs if she knew what a reord was the other day and she didnt have a clue, track yes, record no, she had never seen 1... Shes 21, now i feel old

No work today boooooooo, not a happy bunny, will have to have a rethink on the jan-march period, why is it as soon as it snows then everyone wants everything shifting after doing nowt for the previous 6-8 weeks

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

AJM sameday Couriers said:


LwsExpress transport solutions said:


BusinessBuddy said:


Every job has its perks Les. Good to enjoy life while we are able. I think next January could be holiday time too.

Just booked 2 weeks on the beach in Africa January 2015, counting the days already :-)

Whereabouts in Africa?

Kololi :-)

Manadon Despatch

584

You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Manadon Despatch

584

A E Delivery said:


i asked a friends mrs if she knew what a reord was the other day and she didnt have a clue, track yes, record no, she had never seen 1... Shes 21, now i feel old

I don't think I could get by without a turntable. I'd be lost.

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your question?

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your question?

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your

I have never needed 10 miles of beach if you walk the full length, you only have to walk back again, that is if you don't get shot by pirates.

Bennetts Distribution

729

AJM sameday Couriers said:


LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your question?

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your

I have never needed 10 miles of beach if you walk the full length, you only have to walk back again, that is if you don't get shot by pirates.

Lol gary

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

AJM sameday Couriers said:


LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your question?

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your

I have never needed 10 miles of beach if you walk the full length, you only have to walk back again, that is if you don't get shot by pirates.

Pirates? Gary you never change, do you? I've had a gun pulled on me in liverpool but shot by pirates in The Gambia get real mate.

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

Bennetts Distribution said:


AJM sameday Couriers said:


LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your question?

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your

I have never needed 10 miles of beach if you walk the full length, you only have to walk back again, that is if you don't get shot by pirates.

Lol gary

Small things and small minds :-)

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Bennetts Distribution said:


AJM sameday Couriers said:


LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your question?

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


Manadon Despatch said:


You seem to have a thing about Africa, Les. Why African beaches in particular?

Because the beach area is probably stretches 10 miles with many bars selling ice cold beer at 40pence a bottle and of an evening a couple can go out to eat drink and be merry for about £8 each, does that answer your

I have never needed 10 miles of beach if you walk the full length, you only have to walk back again, that is if you don't get shot by pirates.

Lol gary

Small things and small minds :-)

Oh Less don't be like that, I havent got a small mind, I was just making an observation.

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

Gary the small minds answer was not for you mate :-)

MK BIKES

2821

I'm doing so well I have reserved a Sun Lounger next to Les next Jan, but why walk the beach when you can jet ski the shore line!

Gas Motorcycle Couriers

3617

MK BIKES said:


I'm doing so well I have reserved a Sun Lounger next to Les next Jan, but why walk the beach when you can jet ski the shore line!

That reminds me of Del boy on a jet ski in america.. :)

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: SEEMS A LITTLE QUIET TODAY, Quiet Forum, Quiet times, Quiet, QUIET BEFORE THE STORM, Quiet time, It's still too quiet, has august been a quiet month, Looks like another quiet time, It seems quiet today what about everyone else.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.