Vending coffee vs Costa Express

Posted in General Discussion.Skip To Latest

Mr G Courier Service

2596
Original Poster

vending coffee

Not the most palatable drink but generally for 30/50p it ain't bad. However i've noticed recently a rise in "designer " coffee especially from the Costa group. At just £2.25 per vend. Seriously, who is buying vending machine coffee at that price?

Are you?

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

Guilty

If I want/need a coffee the price is my last consideration.

Starbucks for me every time if it is convenient.

Esi Logistics

261

Costa coffee for me all day long, I will even look out for garages with the Costa sign and stop to get one. Taste great and strong coffee to keep you awake.

Swiftukcouriers

1086

Na its mcdonalds coffee for me, just and excuse for a 99p burger lol

MK BIKES

2821

Wild bean cafe at BP is alright, not vending thou

Swiftukcouriers

1086

Pop into kwit fit vendng machines are free

MyVanCan

1018

Double espresso from Costa in a service station has got me home on many a night time distance job!

DMS NATIONWIDE COURIERS

5507

pc couriers said:


Na its mcdonalds coffee for me, just and excuse for a 99p burger lol

Im with you on that, mc d's coffee is the best and i just love the burger in there- don't tell the wife tho lol

MyVanCan

1018

Maccy D's coffee is drinkable but far from the best. But don't mention the so called coffee you get in BK or KFC.

Damn, I just mentioned it.

DJ Specialist Couriers

454

Bought some Nescafe 3in1 sachets from Asda, pack of 10 for £1.00. Flask of hot water and works out 10p cup.. Good coffee for the price.

MK BIKES

2821

DJ Specialist Couriers said:


Bought some Nescafe 3in1 sachets from Asda, pack of 10 for £1.00. Flask of hot water and works out 10p cup.. Good coffee for the price.

I prefer the kenco satchets and nick a little milk outta the fridge

RGM Courier Services

1737

Costa Coffee for me. Here's a tip for the Express machine. . Get a regular cup and select large cappuccino etc. It just fits in. (Yes, I am a tight @r$e)!

We Are Parcel Delivery

51

Mr G -Award winning courier service said:


vending coffee

Not the most palatable drink but generally for 30/50p it ain't bad. However i've noticed recently a rise in "designer " coffee especially from the Costa group. At just £2.25 per vend. Seriously, who is buying vending machine coffee at that price?

Are you?

Costa Coffee has its own roastery and the United Kingdom uses only three Italian Master Roasters.

Costa Express is a new concept created by a coffee chain of self-service coffee bars. You can get info all about it at here: http://www.costa-business.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Auto-Vending-November-2011.pdf

PB Express

1049

Wild bean does it for me especially as i only use BP fuel in the van.

So the vans happy and so am I.

RMD Transport Ltd

737

Always Costa for me.

Beeline Couriers UK

1909

Like the smell of coffee but hate the taste of it - I'll just stick with a cup of tea, me.

Mr G Courier Service

2596
Original Poster

So in a nutshell... Price, when it comes to coffee isn't an issue... Oh boy.

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

Mr G -Award winning courier service said:


So in a nutshell... Price, when it comes to coffee isn't an issue... Oh boy.

Why would it be? it is not exactly much out of your profit on each job surely?

If it is charge £2.50 more!

MyVanCan

1018

Plus VAT!

DJ Specialist Couriers

454

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


Mr G -Award winning courier service said:


So in a nutshell... Price, when it comes to coffee isn't an issue... Oh boy.

Why would it be? it is not exactly much out of your profit on each job surely?

If it is charge £2.50 more!

That's 25 cups of Nescafe, so yes price should be an issue because 25 x £2.50 is £62.50.

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

10314

I'm still waiting for a guide to tell me which coffee to buy

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

DJ Specialist Couriers said:


RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


Mr G -Award winning courier service said:


So in a nutshell... Price, when it comes to coffee isn't an issue... Oh boy.

Why would it be? it is not exactly much out of your profit on each job surely?

If it is charge £2.50 more!

That's 25 cups of Nescafe, so yes price should be an issue because 25 x £2.50 is £62.50.

Well it sure is NOT an issue for me squire :) Nor for others it seems who like a good cup!

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

Speed Couriers (Stansted) said:


I'm still waiting for a guide to tell me which coffee to buy

I'll sell you a guide for £10 Rob

Mr G Courier Service

2596
Original Poster

I'm waiting for MAK couriers to join in this discussion. Will be interested to know what brand he serves in his cafe.

Gas Motorcycle Couriers

3617

As much as I love tea and coffee, the only tea I like is my own, coffee has to be starbucks or costa with all the different varieties, but one thing has to be said, I might only have one cup when Im on the bike cause otherwise Im forever stoppin for a pish, its bleedin annoying have to stop every 30 mins, so its water for me to stop dehydration, with the odd coffee.

MK BIKES

2821

With many inexperienced people "cleaning" the machines in these garages I wouldn't be surprised if they caused many a dicky tummy

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

Mr G -Award winning courier service said:


I'm waiting for MAK couriers to join in this discussion. Will be interested to know what brand he serves in his cafe.

Why?

He could serve what he wants to be honest, as I will not get to go there :)

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

Gas Motorcycle Couriers said:


As much as I love tea and coffee, the only tea I like is my own, coffee has to be starbucks or costa with all the different varieties, but one thing has to be said, I might only have one cup when Im on the bike cause otherwise Im forever stoppin for a pish, its bleedin annoying have to stop every 30 mins, so its water for me to stop dehydration, with the odd coffee.

Starbucks for me too Gary

And same here just the one SMALL cup. Large cups although nice are not worth the hassle for reasons you state :)

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

MK Bikes said:


With many inexperienced people "cleaning" the machines in these garages I wouldn't be surprised if they caused many a dicky tummy

It isn't good to dwell on those things. I guess you are right though!

Gas Motorcycle Couriers

3617

MK Bikes said:


With many inexperienced people "cleaning" the machines in these garages I wouldn't be surprised if they caused many a dicky tummy

2 reasons why I dont do Vending, you have said one of them Tony, and the other (apart from hot chocolate) the rest are horrible, the tea you could probably top up your brake fluid resovoir and will probably work fine.. The coffee well its just not coffee..

Alan did think about an attachment to let me pee on the move, but though better of it especially if I had a kink and needed to go, I think its a recipe for disaster :0

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

Speed Couriers (Stansted) said:


I'm still waiting for a guide to tell me which coffee to buy

You need to buy a bottle of camp coffee

MK BIKES

2821

Its not just about vending have you seen them Barista's wiping that milk steamer thingy (technical term) with an old cloth that they've just wiped the side with?

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

MK Bikes said:


Its not just about vending have you seen them Barista's wiping that milk steamer thingy (technical term) with an old cloth that they've just wiped the side with?

Gawd, you are not wrong! Then again it probably pays not to think too much about sandwiches [how they are made / by whom, etc ]

DJ Specialist Couriers

454

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


MK Bikes said:


Its not just about vending have you seen them Barista's wiping that milk steamer thingy (technical term) with an old cloth that they've just wiped the side with?

Gawd, you are not wrong! Then again it probably pays not to think too much about sandwiches [how they are made / by whom, etc ]

If start to worry about that, then you would never eat or drink anything. What's in the water? Is it boiled properly? Where have the coffee beans been stored, have they been eaten and passed by wild animals, who's dumped on your lettuce, is it really bacon on the butty, these are questions you don't need to ask yourself!

Mak Couriers Ltd

395

We do not have a vending machine. We have a machine that grinds the beans and we heat up fresh milk separately.

We use italian coffee beans .

We only serve what is a large size in Costa etc.

Tea and Normal coffee are £1-69.

Bean Coffee, latte, cappucino, americano are £1-79

That is for takeaway or sit in.

Open 7am to 3pm weekdays just off junction 15 off m40. on the a46 southbound. If going north or south get off at junction 15. follow a46 for half a mile, take first exit and come back on yourself and we are on the left..

Scott Reid

1029

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


Guilty

If I want/need a coffee the price is my last consideration.

Starbucks for me every time if it is convenient.

Starbucks have yet to supply a single cup of anything that could even remotely be described as coffee! :-).

Scott.

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

Peter Riley said:


RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


Guilty

If I want/need a coffee the price is my last consideration.

Starbucks for me every time if it is convenient.

Starbucks have yet to supply a single cup of anything that could even remotely be described as coffee! :-).

Scott.

Rubbish

Mr G Courier Service

2596
Original Poster

The Lavazza coffee introduced by KFC ain't too bad... Full bodied, with a lovely nutty aftertaste

MyVanCan

1018

Really? I'll have to try that, last time I had coffee in one I really couldn't tell whether I'd picked up someone's weak tea by mistake.

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

10314

Be careful what Mr G says, he's on commission from KFC

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: UK Express, Eagle Express Essex, BH Express Couriers, World Courier Express, Turbo Express Koerierdienst, UK Express, Tiger Express Despatch, Rates Needed for Sameday Express Please, BH Express Couriers Ltd Hinckley, Hello from east-lancs express couriers.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.