TWO JOBS?

Posted in General Discussion.Topic Closed

Phax

2250
Original Poster

FFS 2miles and 4 miles is this serious. Great build up to christmas. Any takers pmsl

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

Contact Citysprint, they have load's of work & pay top bucks.

Nottingham & Derby Couriers

3179

2 X £25.00 MIN CHARGE THAT'S OK

MK BIKES

2821

What are you moaning about mums need a bit of extra work on the run up to christmas

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

I agree with original poster Shouldn't be on this site which ought to be for 'premium' jobs only.

Min charge of £25? WTF wouldn't turn the vans ignition on for that!

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


I agree with original poster Shouldn't be on this site which ought to be for 'premium' jobs only.

Min charge of £25? WTF wouldn't turn the vans ignition on for that!

They make the site look busy though.

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

AJM sameday Couriers said:


RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


I agree with original poster Shouldn't be on this site which ought to be for 'premium' jobs only.

Min charge of £25? WTF wouldn't turn the vans ignition on for that!

They make the site look busy though.

There is that Gary, but sad it's got to this! Did you sort your Norway trip?

Nottingham & Derby Couriers

3179

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


I agree with original poster Shouldn't be on this site which ought to be for 'premium' jobs only.

Min charge of £25? WTF wouldn't turn the vans ignition on for that!

I beg to differ one of our drivers did 7 minimum charge jobs like this for one of our customers yesterday all within 5 miles of our location. He did minimal miles for good money and was back for a Cardiff at 3pm. A good day for him really.

Our deliveries were not retail jobs i must point out. Retail jobs should however have their own side section.

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


AJM sameday Couriers said:


RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


I agree with original poster Shouldn't be on this site which ought to be for 'premium' jobs only.

Min charge of £25? WTF wouldn't turn the vans ignition on for that!

They make the site look busy though.

There is that Gary, but sad it's got to this! Did you sort your Norway trip?

The Norway job is not due till the end of this Month, I have given them a price last week, I am due to phone back next Monday & see what the outcome is, not getting my thermals out till i'm sure.

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

AJM sameday Couriers said:


RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


AJM sameday Couriers said:


RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


I agree with original poster Shouldn't be on this site which ought to be for 'premium' jobs only.

Min charge of £25? WTF wouldn't turn the vans ignition on for that!

They make the site look busy though.

There is that Gary, but sad it's got to this! Did you sort your Norway trip?

The Norway job is not due till the end of this Month, I have given them a price last week, I am due to phone back next Monday & see what the outcome is, not getting my thermals out till i'm sure.

Don't forget your snow tyres mate! Someone I know [a courier] in January got stopped and was fined about £100 and was also taken to equivalent of ATS tyres where it cost him £200 a tyre to have M&S fitted. he had no choice!

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

2848

Nottingham & Derby Couriers said:


RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


I agree with original poster Shouldn't be on this site which ought to be for 'premium' jobs only.

Min charge of £25? WTF wouldn't turn the vans ignition on for that!

I beg to differ one of our drivers did 7 minimum charge jobs like this for one of our customers yesterday all within 5 miles of our location. He did minimal miles for good money and was back for a Cardiff at 3pm. A good day for him really.

Our deliveries were not retail jobs i must point out. Retail jobs should however have their own side section.

In that instance it obviously worked, but surely not just for a single one off job!

In my time, the chances of other jobs fitting in like that just don't happen for us, more chance of nailing a jelly to the wall!

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

10314

nailedjelly

Fastback Parcel Solutions

1671

Brilliant

Nottingham & Derby Couriers

3179

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


Nottingham & Derby Couriers said:


RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:


I agree with original poster Shouldn't be on this site which ought to be for 'premium' jobs only.

Min charge of £25? WTF wouldn't turn the vans ignition on for that!

I beg to differ one of our drivers did 7 minimum charge jobs like this for one of our customers yesterday all within 5 miles of our location. He did minimal miles for good money and was back for a Cardiff at 3pm. A good day for him really.

Our deliveries were not retail jobs i must point out. Retail jobs should however have their own side section.

In that instance it obviously worked, but surely not just for a single one off job!

In my time, the chances of other jobs fitting in like that just don't happen for us, more chance of nailing a jelly to the wall!

Sometimes it's also a case of rough with the smooth. One customer sends goods to Glasgow, Aberdeen London, Devon, Cardiff... And 900 metres down the road even though they have their own van.

We cover them all starting with a minimum charge.

mtvan.com Ltd

2039

Just to completely clear, Admin understands:

  1. that more work has led to the Newsfeed being a bit clogged
  2. that more work means that some people are getting more alerts than they want
  3. that not everyone wants to hear about retail someday work (though there are plenty of people who are quietly getting on with quoting for it and doing it and getting paid for it)
  4. that not everyone is interested in work from every Vendor

So here's our answer to the above:

  1. We will be unclogging the Newsfeed soon, for example by grouping the work together as in "XYZ Logistics has posted 3 new courier jobs" rather than 3 separate entries. In the meantime, if necessary please use the Courier Work page and use the checkboxes on the left to filter out the work you don't like.
  2. We will be improving (again) the filtering of the alerts soon, but in the meantime, please use the checkboxes on the Alert Settings page to filter out for example the car work if you don't like it. And cut down your alerts radius.
  3. Please be really clear about this, there is lots of this retail someday work being covered on here. So (while it's being paid for ok) it's here to stay. WE WILL provide improved filtering so you don't have to see it at all if it bothers you. But in the meantime, please use what filters there are, and just accept that it works for some people if not you.
  4. We'll also improve the alerts and general filtering so you can be completely in control of what you see on the site, and what you get alerted about. Don't like retail someday work? You won't even know it's there. Don't like a particular Vendor? You won't even know he's on mtvan. Don't want local work? It will be invisible to you.

So we understand and we will take action as our workload permits. In the meantime, please use the filtering on the site. As I say, soon the filtering will mean that any kind of work you're not interested in won't even appear on mtvan.

But you'll still have to make use of the filter checkboxes to let the system know what you are and aren't interested in, so please start now.

Admin

P.S. Please POST EMPTY on a daily basis, it really helps our Vendors.

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

As I have been having this week off from driving I have noticed today alone approx 20 Sameday jobs advertised on Anyvan including a two pallet job to france, pallets up to Glasgow from London and quite a few jobs so obviously from transport companies ranging from boxes Manchester to liverpool and boxes from Nottingham area to Cornwall and all covered at good prices, in fact I couldn't resist one for myself to collect 500yards from my house delivering a freezer 29 miles and paid £100 cod. So you may all think this is irrelevant to the thread but in reality Anyvan has more courier jobs posted daily than mtvan, FACT.

Mr G Courier Service

2596

Les that's not possible as MTVan is the number "2 website for couriers.. It says so on the home page.. Why would they lie?

MK BIKES

2821

Who wants to be a No 2?

Courier Expert

173853

MK BIKES said:


Who wants to be a No 2?

Anyone who is a number 3 or lower!

MK BIKES

2821

WHOOSH

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: Jobs on mtvan, Car jobs, here we go again, Retail Jobs, jobs listing & alerts, Identical jobs for sale, Courier Expert Retail Jobs - Announcement, Posting Jobs on here which have already been allocated on cx, Are all the jobs posted on mtvan Genuine Jobs, Jobs, Available Jobs.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.