Goods In Transit

Posted in General Discussion.Skip To Latest

Phax

2250
Original Poster

Yes we know its not worth the paper its written on BUT! does anyones GIT cover Glass?. Good to find out after the event innit.

Words of wisdom from the oracles would be appreciated.

Gas Motorcycle Couriers

3617

That depends on the value of the glass, cause if its worth £100 quid and your excess is £250, theres your answer, you do the sums..

LwsExpress transport solutions

1161

I don't think you can insure glass in transport but I may be mistaken.

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

Good old goods in transit.

021 SAMEDAY

3691

LwsExpress transport solutions said:


I don't think you can insure glass in transport but I may be mistaken.

This guy seems to think he can get glass in transit insurance - I would like to know where?

www.jeremyhawkecourier.co.uk/next-day-courier/

Maybe he tells untruths about that as well.

Parcelgiants Ltd

830

Hello No one insures glass, not even the big boys

MK BIKES

2821

021 SAMEDAY said:


LwsExpress transport solutions said:


I don't think you can insure glass in transport but I may be mistaken.

This guy seems to think he can get glass in transit insurance - I would like to know where?

www.jeremyhawkecourier.co.uk/next-day-courier/

Maybe he tells untruths about that as well.

Getting things broken may be the least of his customers worries

Dodgy review

Phax

2250
Original Poster

Guess who wont carry glass anymore :-( thankfully I am not being held responsible. I was told no one is 'known' to insure for glass. Replacement did go smoothly with better packaging.

AJM sameday Couriers

3440

BusinessBuddy said:


Guess who wont carry glass anymore :-( thankfully I am not being held responsible. I was told no one is 'known' to insure for glass. Replacement did go smoothly with better packaging.

Good lad, at least you have the guts to admit it on a forum, not many people would say anything, they want people to think there perfect, so well done.

Phax

2250
Original Poster

Thanks Gary, Perfect is too high a bar for me.

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: 4.2m sprinter vs Transit Jumbo, goods in transit insurance, Transit weight, 08 Transit in limp mode, 3.5 tons on a LWB Transit, Goods in transit not required, ADR ( Dangerous Goods), Damaged Goods, Insurance goods in transit cover, Stolen Transit Van.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.