Severn Bridge Tolls from 01/01/2013

Posted in General Discussion.Skip To Latest

Thyeson Light Haulage Ltd

Original Poster

Members may or may not be aware that the tolls on both bridges go up on Jan 1st every year.

2013 tolls are:

• Cars £6.20
  • Vans £12.40
  • Lorries £18.60

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

MK BIKES

You forgot motorbikes... £0.00 ;-)

Manadon Despatch

MK Bikes said:

You owe my dad and his mates for that freebie. Say thank you.

MK BIKES

Manadon Despatch said:

MK Bikes said:

You owe my dad and his mates for that freebie. Say thank you.

I would still get it free regardless of the number of my wheels, courtesy of a lorry driver 5 years ago.

Manadon Despatch

Alright then. If you weren't disabled you and every other biker that goes past the toll booths owe my dad and his mates for the fact that they don't have to pay.

Website Admin

Severn Bridge tolls are westbound only, correct?

Manadon Despatch

Yes! You only have to pay for the privilege of entering Wales.

021 SAMEDAY

For those of you who are interested the Humber Bridge Toll for under 3500 kgs has been REDUCED from £2.70 to £1.50 and pro-rata. It is charged both ways though.

As a point of interest I remember a Severn Ferry Crossing we made as a family which took us underneath the half built 1st Severn Bridge - -Awesome and not a little scary for a wee one.

MK BIKES

Manadon Despatch said:

Alright then. If you weren't disabled you and every other biker that goes past the toll booths owe my dad and his mates for the fact that they don't have to pay.

OK I'm interested who were they and what did they do?

Thyeson Light Haulage Ltd

Original Poster

I stand to be corrected, but I think they used to deliberately take a long time to get off their bikes and unzip their leathers etc. to get the money to pay the tolls causing the bridge operator to cancel tolls for bikes due to the hold ups. Good on them!

Manadon Despatch

If I remember right it used to cost a shilling back then for a motorbike to get across the bridge. Clubs from Newport, Cardiff, Bristol (and further afield) converged on the toll booths and caused chaos until the bridge operators were made to see sense with victory being declared after three days of heavy fighting.

P A Laughton

Yes. It cost 5p for a motorbike in 1985.

MK BIKES

Ah you're talking about the old bridge then??

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: Fuel cards as payment for tolls in Europe, Bridge Graffitti, Humber Bridge, french tolls, Severn Bridge Tolls plus mileage or not, Severn Bridge Tolls, Severn crossing, Van Fire on Tower Bridge this Morning, I'm Going To France.. Advice Please, Luton curtainsider vs sprinter.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.