Update: We have now moved away from using SMS messages entirely and are using other more modern alert methods, such as apps for your smartphone, and job alert emails.
From the 23rd of February 2013, we will no longer be charging a fee for SMS alerts.
We will now send alerts based on a number of measurements used to determine chance of success for the work vendor. This will include things such as:
- Courier distance from the collection.
- Whether the courier is ‘trusted’ by the vendor.
- When we last saw the courier engaging on the site.
- The courier’s reputation on the site.
- Whether the courier has made a bid on other work recently.
The above is a guideline to the sort of things we look at. How we determine suitability is likely to be updated, especially initially.
For home SMS alerts, your ‘hard’ alert radius limit will still apply.