Tomtom live 825

Posted in General Discussion.Skip To Latest

gwh couriers

Original Poster

Evening just been looking on Halfords website for a new satnav and they have a tomtom live 825 with free maps for life on special offer of 139.99, is this a sound buy? Cheers gareth

MK BIKES

How longs the live offer?

gwh couriers

Original Poster

Sorry I was confusing the live bit with the maps. Free maps for life but live is only 12 months. Anyone know if free lifetime live is available? Bit behind the times regarding sat navs as I have a 5 year old navman and my car has built in sat nav

HSP Couriers LTD

No, live is £47 per year after your first 12 months are up, we'll worth the £47 though.

Phax

Cracking tom tom the 825

MK BIKES

BusinessBuddy said:

Cracking tom tom the 825

I know ;-)

SMH

£38 if you tick the little vat box and put your vat number in, they take the vat off it ;-)

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

I have been using TomTom on my smartphone. It cost about £50 ( I Think ) and has Live services. Not confident using live and trying alternative routes though as can't be certain it would save time. Maybe the "live" is different to that on dedicated devices? Not sure

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

Just looked and TomTom cost £30

Full Euro

MK BIKES

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:

I have been using TomTom on my smartphone. It cost about £50 ( I Think ) and has Live services. Not confident using live and trying alternative routes though as can't be certain it would save time. Maybe the "live" is different to that on dedicated devices? Not sure

If its the same as live on a stand alone unit its brilliant & will save you time

Direct Deliveries (Stroud)

I have the TomTom 820 Live and have just renewed the live subscription, cost me £38 (ticked the vat box and gave my vat No.) Well worth the money!! Delivered into London Friday evening when M4 had 2 lanes closed & 7 miles of stationary traffic, diverted route only took an extra 10 Mins! Customer well impressed with delivery time after hearing about M4 on radio. Forgot to tell them how I did it lol. A great time saver well worth it, only thing is u have to earn to trust it, sometimes u think where on earth is it taking me.

Phax

Is there a reset button on 825. Its just a question.

MK BIKES

Reset or reboot?

Phax

Is there either. Sometimes have to press back button for 30 secs or more, but there is a small hole bottom of screen

MK BIKES

Reset= take back to factory settings Reboot= sharpen it up

I think the small hole is the mic

MK BIKES

Press and hold the start button till you see the product licence, you need to turn off manually from there but it may do it automatically, then press start as nomal

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: Going live with Shutl in Bristol & Swindon on Monday, Is it me or am I losing the will to live, Alex Dobson singing live tonight, Live tracking, Which sat nav, Want to get Started as a Courier, Niche Markets, M6 between junction 16-17 northbound, How far are you willing to travel to take a job, Good pay rate job.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.