NEW EXCHANGE SITE ABOUT TO OPEN -Access to 2500+ drivers

Posted in General Discussion.Skip To Latest

Mr G Courier Service

Original Poster

I just received an email about A new exchange site that is about to open for vendors and couriers alike

Vendors posting jobs will have access to over 2500+ plus registered couriers with ALL types of vehicles.

Those interested in signing up to Courier expert pro-exchange should contact Andy Stephens of Courier expert (contact details on mtvan)

Many believe that this new site will offer a genuine alternative to the current exchange sites available today offering access to many part-time and lifestyle couriers whom are willing to work for a competitive price.

Andy McTighe

Doesn't sound like a place for professional owner drivers does it?

Mr G Courier Service

Original Poster

I should think it will be Andy as it has PRO in the title.. Much the same as a PRO member on here only attracting the best kind of driver

RGM Courier Services

Prostitute has PRO in the name as well. Seriously, is this a bit if tongue in cheek advertising for courier expert Mr G?

Fastback Parcel Solutions

Part time and lifestyle couriers... Even cheaper prices then, but not for the customer or is that me being cynical. I had the email last week by the way nowhere does it mention part time or lifestyle courier lol. So maybe tongue in cheek Mr G?

Andy McTighe

More like trying to get work away from Courier Exchange and mtvan, hmmmm not sure what I think of that. It's hard enough to get paying rates on the exchanges as it is without further dilution.

Saddlebow Deliveries

Why don't you all go and throw yourselves off the nearest bridge. The introduction of a new exchange should be welcomed. Directly in competition against C. X. Got to be good news bringing the monopoly to an end.

Mr G Courier Service

Original Poster

Mike i think the site is primarily aimed at vendors as he has all the couriers he needs!

could mtvan have been subject to a Trojan Horse attack?

Mr G Courier Service

Original Poster

Saddlebow... Thats a charming response... Try and gain some "expert" knowledge before making harsh comments

Saddlebow Deliveries

Lol

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

Just what we need, yet another exchange site. How many is that now?

mtvan

the big yellow

anyvan

returnloads

shed5

vehotrans

shiply

Freightalerts

UShip

couriergold

loadup

Lol, hardly a monopoly. One works, the others try. And as has been said above, just further dilutes everything.

I see very little point in seeing the same jobs advertised on several sites. Same vendors, same members, same jobs different day.

RGM Courier Services

Maybe more couriers quoting and driving down rates. The more I see Rapid Light Transport's comments on rates the more he makes sense. IE. It's the couriers fault for quoting low prices

RGM Courier Services

With this new site will be still getting loads of 3 mile car jobs for £5 or will Andy pay less?

Mr G Courier Service

Original Poster

Andy will just be operating the site Bob..

It will be his fleet of members who will quote for work.. Much like on here he will have no control over what jobs are posted..

Andy McTighe

It is obviously aimed at vendors, nobody needs more couriers and C. Expert encourages uninsured drivers so how the **** it can be a good thing is beyond me. Perhaps Saddlebow can explain.

AJM sameday Couriers

Change the fucking record people are dying of boredom on here.

Andy McTighe

Go find something else to read then or some pictures to look at.

AJM sameday Couriers

Andy McTighe said:

I don't spend all day on forums talking about insurance and pence per mile

Andy McTighe

WTF

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD.

AJM sameday Couriers said:

Andy McTighe said:

I agree Gary, same old, same old. This job is not complicated, it's why so many try it. Also the calibre of many that do is why so many fail. I despair at times when I read things like 'What is the going rate' etc etc

Saddlebow Deliveries

If you cant stand the heat get out of the fire. Well said AJM.

Andy McTighe

Its a forum for people to exchange views, reading it is not compulsory. I did realise when I came back to the transport business that I wouldn't be dealing with the sharpest knives in the drawer but I didn't expect people to be reading stuff they aren't interested in and the whingeing about it.

GSF Express Ltd

Hand bags at dawn?

Andy McTighe

Apparently yeah.

Saddlebow Deliveries

I made my thoughts on this subject perfectly clear earlier. I certainly do NOT have to explain my self to you Mr McTighe!

Saddlebow Deliveries

Mr Speed you say that you see little point seeing the same job on several sites. Obviously you can afford to be a member of several sites. What about the people that cant? Are they not allowed to see them then? Some can only afford to be on one. More sites, more chance of the job being covered, more customers. I agree that something has to be done about the cowboys, no insurance etc. If you go to a supermarket are you only allowed to select one brand of beans?

Saddlebow Deliveries

It seems to me that some people are afraid of competition. That's it, finished. I am off to church to repent my sins. Perhaps some of you would like to come along.

Well John, as there is already plenty of competition (at least 12 exchange sites i know of) to suggest another would end the monopoly, what monopoly? If by monopoly you mean the one exchange site that actually works, as opposed to others that try?

You also state that some can only afford to be on one. So you make the point for me. By adding yet another you merely confuse an already saturated market. I fail to see how the addition of yet another helps in any way whatsoever.

Its nothing to do with being afraid John, it's about quality not quantity. And if you want an exchange site that actually works, well, we've already got one of those.

I also don't see how you think the comment "why don't you all just throw yourselves off the nearest bridge" is going to endear yourself to anyone on here. How to win friends and inflluence people? Lol Not the best bit of PR work i've seen that's for sure.

GB Distributors (Bridgend)

Are the trojan horses cheaper to run than our vans

Saddlebow Deliveries

I used that phrase Mr Speed instead of the foul language I have seen. If I was Mike I would withdraw their membership. The phrase also relates to the narrow minded, silly comments that bear no resemblance to the issue. The monopoly relates to the expensive membership fees. It is not a gentlemens club for the better off.

I use a local garage to service my three vehicles, why? They offer a good service for a price that suits me, the turnaround is very quick, they are friendly and very polite. Does that sound like what you would expect from your drivers?

Week after week we see new people hoping to make a living from being a courier. They are not all cowboys with a £500 rust bucket. I feel that having more choice is good for the business as a whole. I would imagine that even you Mr Speed can remember your first day and asking for help.

If you are concearned about the sites that work or don't why don't you start your own exchange then you could dictate the membership rules to suit.

You say expensive, but if it works, and you recoup your outlay in a matter of weeks, then it isn't expensive. Forking out money for those that don't work? That's expensive whatever the cost. I really don't understand how you can call it a gentlemans club when it is open to all.

If i have work i cannot cover myself, then i don't want to waste time sticking it on an exchange site that doesn't have the quality or quantity of membership that gets my job covered quickly, and by courier that know what is expected of them. Only one fits that bill for me, but different exchange sites have different types of work, so you use the one that works for you. There is already plenty of choice as i have already indicated, so is there really a need for another?

For an exchange site to work you need to attract those who have the work AND those that can cover it for you. Many have tried, and most fail, taking your membership money with them. If i have limited resources would i pay for one that works, or one that might work if i give it time?

And yes, you're right, we do see new people hoping to make a living from being a courier, and good luck to them. But as in any industry you can't expect to come into it without the necessay funds... And knowledge

Who is Mike by the way?

Fastback Parcel Solutions

Just to clear up something... Which Mike are u referring to as I don't remember posting any foul language?

DMS NATIONWIDE COURIERS

Mr G Courier Service said:

Mike i think the site is primarily aimed at vendors as he has all the couriers he needs!

could mtvan have been subject to a Trojan Horse attack?

I got an email last week from the so called expert asking for courier companies as they now have a new service called "Trade Jobs" anyone interested lol

Saddlebow Deliveries

Topic closed. No use trying to convert the unconvertible. We will just have to agree to disagree Mr Speed. Mike is the new name for Tim. Adios.

You can try, but you need to use reasoned argument, which you have failed to do. Perhaps your locality to a certain vendor on here says more about your views than your words do.

And sorry, but as it's not your topic, you can hardly say "topic closed" lol

You're really quite arrogant aren't you

Saddlebow Deliveries

Takes one to know one.

Opinion without facts is just ignorance

Saddlebow Deliveries

L.O. L.

Saddlebow Deliveries

There will be blue birds over the white cliffs of dover. Just you wait and see.

SMH

The problem is people (some) become a courier and join these sites expecting to earn sh*t loads of money, wrong these site are backloads sites even it says hotshot or what ever

Get your own work from your own customers and then use these to get you home if needed, get the right price for them going outbound, then you can come back empty or you can go in cheap on one of these sites to make yourself a little more

MyVanCan

Saddlebow Deliveries said:

Kitchen. It's "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

I do agree with that sentiment though, albeit perhaps in a different context to the one you were using it in.

Saddlebow Deliveries

I was using the word fire as a colloquialism for kitchen.

Phax

The (expert) gets knocked all day long on here, but who is getting the last laugh. I am sure he is turning over much more than most on here, even though we may not agree with ethics.

Garnham Courier Services

Calm down dear, it's just a commercial! Shouldn't we all be on here helping each other to make our industry work for us and our customers instead of chucking insults and squabbling? I know Courier Expert gets slammed on here but I've done a couple of jobs for them and they have paid a fair price for the job. The last one I did was low mileage so I charged my minimum fee and it worked out at £1.50 per mile. Not a big earner but helps to keep things ticking over. Come on guys, we are all in it together. ( That was a good phrase before the politicians got hold of it)

Andy McTighe

Garnham Courier Services said:

Come on guys, we are all in it together. ( That was a good phrase before the politicians got hold of it)

We certainly are all in it lol.

There is no way of changing it other than by heavy regulation and that can only be done at the EU level. Bear in mind that the UK only introduced tachos in trucks after the EU took us to court for not following regulations. And the transport minister of the day said that the introduction of tachos would be the biggest single factor in driving the cowboys out of the haulage industry. Deja vu.

Saddlebow Deliveries

I have sent an email to the Transport Minister. The Rt Hon Patrick Mccloughlin MP. Asking for information regarding future legislation in the haulage/courier sector. When I receive a reply I will post it on the forum.

Andy McTighe

Will look forward to seeing that John.

Saddlebow Deliveries

I don't think for one minute that the heated views on here are personal. Its just that every decent courier is just trying to provide a reasonable standard of living for themselves and their families. I am just as frustrated as the next guy in having to compete with the rust bucket cowboy brigade. If I have offended anyone in any way then I appologise. I think Garham Courier Services have just about got it right.

Saddlebow Deliveries

Sorry Garnham.

Van OD

Apart from anything else this new site has a pretty rubbish name. The use of Pro is like the tiniest companies putting the word "global" in their name.

Courier Expert

Shift It Bristol said:

Apart from anything else this new site has a pretty rubbish name. The use of Pro is like the tiniest companies putting the word "global" in their name.

I haven't come on here to talk about our new exchange, as i don't think it's appropriate using this forum to do so.

However, I do think i should set the record straight on the name, as it's not called Pro / Pro Exchange or anything like that. I suspect someone has mixed us up with another exchange website, which actually does have Pro in the name :)

Andy

Phax

Shouldn't we all be on here helping each other to make our industry work for us Yer I agree. Can someone help me outta Wickford?

GB Distributors (Bridgend)

Help each other now that a thought!

021 SAMEDAY

RAPID LIGHT TRANSPORT LTD. said:

AJM sameday Couriers said:

Andy McTighe said:

I agree Gary, same old, same old. This job is not complicated, it's why so many try it. Also the calibre of many that do is why so many fail. I despair at times when I read things like 'What is the going rate' etc etc

PARCEL i

Why don't you all go and throw yourselves off the nearest bridge. The introduction of a new exchange should be welcomed. Directly in competition against C. X. Got to be good news bringing the monopoly to an end.

Lets all wait n see what prices get quoted n accepted on the new site before we all start throwing ourselves off the nearest bridge - im all for more work on whatever site but when sites play dirty n start bidding wars then the site needs to wake up cos WE ARE ALL TRYING TO MAKE AN HONEST LIVING!

Marcom Direct Ltd

So is everybody going to have to assign Courier Expert full rights to use your trading address for their own marketing purposes to join this exchange, just like they do for their own work? For anybody wanting to grow their own end user client base, this is the bit I find bizarre. Handing over full rights for somebody else to use your trading address on Yell etc for work they may or may not give you! Why?

Courier Expert

Marcom Direct Ltd said:

So is everybody going to have to assign Courier Expert full rights to use your trading address for their own marketing purposes to join this exchange, just like they do for their own work? For anybody wanting to grow their own end user client base, this is the bit I find bizarre. Handing over full rights for somebody else to use your trading address on Yell etc for work they may or may not give you! Why?

The way we do this has now changed......

The only way we will list anyone's address on google or yell.com from now on, is if you request it, by filling in a special form. Obviously, by doing so it will help create more work to go into the network around your own areas, but it is by no means compulsory, it's entirely the choice of the individual :)

Andy

Marcom Direct Ltd

Hi Andy,

Not according to section 11F of your T&C's that you have to agree to on sign up.

'The courier consents to courier expert using your registered address to place Yell Google and other business directory listings'

Mike

Courier Expert

Marcom Direct Ltd said:

Hi Andy,

Not according to section 11F of your T&C's that you have to agree to on sign up.

'The courier consents to courier expert using your registered address to place Yell Google and other business directory listings'

Mike

Hi Mike, Often something gets overlooked whenever changes are made, but thanks for pointing it out, we'll get that clause amended.

Andy :)

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: Courier Exchange, Courier Exchange, Is this site any better than Anyvan, Courier expert / courier exchange, Shed 5 Exchange Site, Anyvan trade site, looking for driver or drivers mate, Adhoc parcel multi drop owner drivers required, Vehotrans exchange, Owner Drivers Needed.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.