Text alerts

Posted in General Discussion.Skip To Latest

Pace Carriers

119
Original Poster

Can anyone help or explain why i'm getting text alerts for jobs hours after they've been posted on here? Is it my settings or the site?

AJM sameday Couriers

3522

Pace Carriers said:


Can anyone help or explain why i'm getting text alerts for jobs hours after they've been posted on here? Is it my settings or the site?

Turn you phone off that should cure the problem.

Dennis

676

AJM sameday Couriers said:


Pace Carriers said:


Can anyone help or explain why i'm getting text alerts for jobs hours after they've been posted on here? Is it my settings or the site?

Turn you phone off that should cure the problem.

Don't be daft. He should change the time on his phone so that the alerts arrive earlier.

AV Courier Service (Norwich)

259

Dennis said:


AJM sameday Couriers said:


Pace Carriers said:


Can anyone help or explain why i'm getting text alerts for jobs hours after they've been posted on here? Is it my settings or the site?

Turn you phone off that should cure the problem.

Don't be daft. He should change the time on his phone so that the alerts arrive earlier.

Texts are slower when the battery is run down

Pace Carriers

119
Original Poster

AV Courier Service (Norwich) said:


Dennis said:


AJM sameday Couriers said:


Pace Carriers said:


Can anyone help or explain why i'm getting text alerts for jobs hours after they've been posted on here? Is it my settings or the site?

Turn you phone off that should cure the problem.

Don't be daft. He should change the time on his phone so that the alerts arrive earlier.

Texts are slower when the battery is run down

I knew i could rely on you lot for an intelligent response lol

Phax Sameday

2344

Its worse when you get texts and you cant bid.

Dennis

676

PHAX said:


Its worse when you get texts and you cant bid.

Of course you can bid. Put in a very late, very low bid and the job's yours!

PARCEL i

2936

Totally off point but since all the INTELLIGENT people are on this thread i'll ask anyway Have people lowered their prices since the cut in fuel prices because ive just sat out last week getting outbidded n being ignored by companies who ive done lots of work for? I dont want to lower the price but cnt sit around waiting for work

Pace Carriers

119
Original Poster

PARCEL i said:


Totally off point but since all the INTELLIGENT people are on this thread i'll ask anyway Have people lowered their prices since the cut in fuel prices because ive just sat out last week getting outbidded n being ignored by companies who ive done lots of work for? I dont want to lower the price but cnt sit around waiting for work

Had a few comments about prices but just said i didn't put them up when the price was high so swings and roundabouts

JH Logistics

400

Why on earth would anyone contemplate lowering their price just because fuel is currently at a low? See how easy it would be to raise your prices when the fuel price increases. Makesme wonder how some people are still in business ;)

Phax Sameday

2344

Of course you can bid. Put in a very late, very low bid and the job's yours! ERM No. If ya not a paying member (which I dont do regular enough) you CAN NOT bid.

MyVanCan

1054

PARCEL i said:


Totally off point but since all the INTELLIGENT people are on this thread i'll ask anyway Have people lowered their prices since the cut in fuel prices because ive just sat out last week getting outbidded n being ignored by companies who ive done lots of work for? I dont want to lower the price but cnt sit around waiting for work

That's nothing to do with the cost of fuel, it's because it's January.

Dennis

676

PHAX said:


Of course you can bid. Put in a very late, very low bid and the job's yours! ERM No. If ya not a paying member (which I don't do regular enough) you CAN NOT bid.

Sorry, I thought I was the only non-paying member! (haven't seen any jobs posted for my location in the last six months).

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: Freight Alerts, Job alerts, anyone here use freight alerts, jobs listing & alerts, Getting the alerts you want, Courier Exchange sending job alerts to non/ex members, Courier Expert job alerts, Adios mtvan alerts.. Send me a proper job, Texts Alerts, Text Alerts Need An Overhaul.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.