Night Trunker Ltd

Posted in General Discussion.Skip To Latest

Twoticks Services.

369
Original Poster

Anyone heard of this lot?

They are recruiting off JobCentrePlus for self employed drivers for distance work in sprinters at night. An ill mannered girl took my details over the phone, and asked if I could attend a meeting in Birmingham on Friday night. Ask her a question and the conversation soon turns sour.

Motherwell Courier Services

495

I believe they are ukxd from birmingham (yellow sprinters red writing) you will probably hav seen them fly by you on the motorway network normally at night hence Night Trunker. My understanding is they run parcels for the main carriers e.g. city link that have missed or over-spilt from the main trunk run.

I spoke to Glasgow office this week as well as night trunk work they say they have other contracts pending. Not sure on reliability for paying, but it would seem they have plenty of work. I think drivers sleep on van seats during day normally. See one parked near by to me at Livingston with curtains pulled.

Hope this helps, check it out for yourself though its always worth a phone call.

Motherwell Courier Services

495

Sorry just read the last bit of your post and seen that you have already phoned so maybe not worth the phone call this time.

Funny you should say the conversation went cold as when I asked some questions up here I got the same sort of response. It would seem they are very protective of what contracts they may have.

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

9648

...which is a bit daft if they're tryin to recruit.

point2point uk couriers ltd

778

I've never heard of these guys but I know there's a company called UK Express that does a lot of the night runs for the big parcel companies (City Link, Parcel Force etc) delivering to tethered depots all over the country.

Have a lot of them floating around Scotland. They must be doing the Royal Mail Sameday jobs as they were the ones that wanted a supply of vans going up to Scotland fully loaded and returning loaded but only wanting to pay one way. UK Express have got a big fleet of sprinters, yellow and blue I think. They are with timer dead locks on the back doors.

SHROPSHIRE SAMEDAY COURIERS

5

You are correct, Night Trunker is the same company but a different address. As for sleeping in the vans, only the sign written vans do this as they lease their vans. I have worked for these guys on and of for a couple of years. As for pay, they pay on the 15 of every month. It's self billing, any thing else you want to know let me know.

point2point uk couriers ltd

778

I'd heard from a few people I know that they'd set up base in Birmingham. I think their main source of work is mainly night trunking as I've hardly ever seen their van's on the road during the day.

PB SERVICES

5

I don't understand you people - you keep slating this company Night Trunker while there a millions of people unemployed they offer work and everybody has a choice in life as to whether you want to take it or sit there on the dole.

Why keep running down companies who offer work. And if they are so bad why do Night Trunker have over 100 drivers on there books and so much work? So maybe if you stopped chatting [censored] on forums and stop putting companies down and got off your arses and got a job then maybe the country would be in a better position.

As for slating girls there, I have met them and there is not an issue with people who are not idiots.

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

9648

Wot i don't understand is people who join mtvan... then 2 mins later put several rants on the forum, then disappear... who's slaggin off who here?

People ask if they've heard of xxxx and anyone that has shares their experiences and thoughts. That is the whole point of a forum, so we don't have to re invent the wheel.

Those kind enough to share their knowledge help others from falling into traps, being duped, ripped off and generally avoiding the mistakes we've all made in the past. If its good enough for Darwin its good enough for the rest of us. It's called evolution, survival of the fittest. Or do you think the world is still flat?

PB SERVICES

5

It's not that I've disappeared it's just some of us have work to do and don't have time for instant replies.

As you state, it's a forum and I have the right to air my thoughts just as much as you!

I've never had a problem with the company or being paid and people should know that hence my comment. Good luck finding work when you act like this you think companies don't look on these kind of sites when looking for potential drivers. Would it be best to take your grievances up with the actual company. I just dont understand people like you.

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

9648

PB... I think you must be gettin me confused with someone else. I have no dealings with any night trunk company, have never offered any comments either way on any, neither would I as I am not interested in this line of business. So please stop with your sarcastic comments. Your gripe is with someone else although reading the threads you've commented on, I can't see any comments derisory or otherwise towards the people you seem to be defending.

RGM Courier Services

1475

Could this be Lazarus aka Carry On Couriers rising from the dead?

Speed Couriers Nationwide Ltd

9648

Yeh Bob... I had the same thought to be honest.

Same sort of attitude 2 mins after joining... sounds familiar dunnit.

Badger Courier Services

447

The address he has on his profile doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Ph1983

5

Night Trunker ltd are only in it to rob the drivers of every penny they can. You will drive all night n day for pennies. They are a joke, they make it sound so good but will screw you over big time.

Tees Valley Logistics

156

Wow I think someones not been getting enough sleep, maybe its time for a new set of seats in the van can you get memory foam seats?

Been through this thread a few times now and not seen anyone slagging off Night Trunker, simply asking about them.

Tees Valley Logistics

156

Must have missed that one above. OK, no one except one has said anything about Night Trucker.

Mr G Courier Service

2288

Well done mtvan, top search on google for Night Trunker ltd.

Now how can we get "Courier Service by Mr G" to top the listings?

Jacklena express

13

I have done work for Night Trunker/UK Express, they are [Admin Edit: unwisely expressed abuse removed].

I been trying to get paid for work I did for over a month now. I keep getting same reply when I ring up "the cheque has been processed and u can collect it tomorrow".

PHAX

1891

They paid me. I could not handle the sleeping in van during the day. Prefer me bed.

Jacklena express

13

Were you renting van off them or owner driver?

PHAX

1891

They take £265 a week out of your wage.

Website Admin

6101

BusinessBuddy said:


They take £265 a week out of your wage.

What for? Rental of the van?

Jacklena express

13

I was there as an owner driver using my own van and supposed to be getting cheque weekly but as of yet they don't seem to want to pay for the work that has been done.

Website Admin

6101

Jacklena express said:


I was there as an owner driver using my own van and supposed to be getting cheque weekly but as of yet they don't seem to want to pay for the work that has been done.

Double check what you agreed to do for what you think they were offering. Did you get relevant POD's? Have you checked the agreed payment terms? If you have done all the above, I suggest you follow the normal process in recovering any money owed (small claims court).

Jacklena express

13

I've done all that. I kept every email text message they sent me, copies of all PODs.

If I have nothing by end of week that's where it looks like I will be heading. I just wanted to let other drivers know what they are like so they don't end up in same position as I am.

Website Admin

6101

Jacklena express said:


I've done all that. I kept every email text message they sent me, copies of all PODs.

If I have nothing by end of week that's where it looks like I will be heading. I just wanted to let other drivers know what they are like so they don't end up in same position as I am.

OK, well I hope you resolve whatever difficulty you're having. It sounds like other mtvan members have been paid by them no problem which is why I question whether everything is in order.

MDB COURIERS LTD

412

I've done work for uk express for 3 years as an owner driver and they do not pay anybody weekly. You normally get your cheque the 15th of every month. They only pay their own drivers weekly.

PHAX

1891

I was one of their drivers.

Network City Limited

563

Hi all,

Anyone got a contact number for this Night Trucker Ltd please?

SP Transport

9

I have an interview with Night Trunkers next week. I also tried to ask some questions on the phone and got no answers so I am very suspicious. Does anyone know if they ask for any money upfront for use of the van? And what money you would realisticly expect to earn?

Fresh Dispatch ltd

310

Just checked em out. They have no website

This is what i found

Business Overview

Night Trunker Ltd is an Active business incorporated in England & Wales on 7th April 2011. Their business activity is recorded as Freight Transport By Road. Night Trunker Ltd is run by 1 current members. 1 shareholders own the total shares within the company. It is not part of a group.

The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 30/04/2012 reported 'cash at bank' of £244,176, 'liabilities' worth £244,980, 'net worth' of £-8,667 and 'assets' worth £364,176. Night Trunker Ltd's risk score was amended on 30/04/2013.

Looks like there surviving on the banks money. Not the best way to go

Legrys Express Ltd

777

Could be like that for tax purposes

Legrys Express Ltd

777

They must be on a good rates considering there usually do 80 on the motorway

britishDriver

7

Hi people, i worked for uk express/ Night trunker between October 2012 to January 2013 i was left absolutley disgusted how i was treated, I went to interview with 6 other people in Birmingham. i was promised between £400 to £600 a week, and plenty of work.(I never saw my wage this high it was always just under £200). I would have to work for 5 weeks before i got my first pay then it would be weekly. Funny enough the first 5 weeks was my busiest with the company, then work started to get quiet. I had to drive just over 30mile and sit outside City Link Coventry and wait for a job! As i was saying work was getting quiet and many vans including me were being sent home at 4am. So thats another 30mile back home, dont forget were self employed so im paying for my own fuel plus the £265 weekly for van and insurance coverage. But still they were recruiting more drivers even though there was not enough work to go around. In my eyes i find this embarrassing for the company that 15 or more vans were going home emtpy because of not enough work, but there OK with taking £265 off you for the van, i know many drivers that i worked with that ended up owing the company money. There is so much wrong doing in this company. They asked me to pick up a bunch of people put them in the back of my van and take them to City Link Coventry, none of these people spoke a word of English, these were the people that threw packages and boxes in the back of the van many of time the items inside the boxes were damaged when they were checked in Scotland City Link, I refused to pick up these people and was told i would loose my job, i told them its my licence at risk and i would be the one that is punished by the Law/Police. Because of this i feel like i was punished by not getting any more work, Me and my Family were left with no electric, no gas, and having to borrow money of Family to feed ourself. I phoned up about having no wages in my bank, all they could say is you can have a sub or hand your van in, i feel the attitude in that office was disgusting. I was brought to tears as i felt i was useless to my family, i was going to work and returning home because of apparently no work. If you want to get ripped off and destroy your relationship with ur wife/Gf go and work for Uk Express/Night Trunker LTD

BCN EXPRESS ESSEX

320

That sounds like bollocks mate best to keep away!

NIGHTDRIVER

7

Hi all,

A MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT WORKING FOR NIGHT TRUNKER..........

Firstly, can I offer my sincere sympathy to British Driver - TRUST ME you are not alone feeling disgusted with this company as like yourself there are many others who are promised to earn a good wage between £400 to £600 and at the least £359.46 (as provided on a sample invoice report sheet which will be given to all interview attendees). Also you are informed that you will not get paid for the first three weeks and will only get paid on the fourth week but REMEMBER you are only paid for 1 week as they hold three weeks in hand due to petrol statements taking 3 weeks to generate!!.

You will attend a first interview at Blucher Street in Birmingham along with many other interview attendees and basically Night Trunker simply take copies of all your driving licenses and request for you to be available for a trial run with another driver for 24 hours (which not to mention is a UNPAID trial- but you wont mind this as you are promised a great job). You are requested to bring along for this trial Safety Boots, Hi Vis Jacket, sleeping bag (to sleep in the van with the driver), food and water. The driver will pick you up from near the Burger trailer in Coventry City Link Depo. After attending this trial you are then called to a 2nd interview whereby you are requested to pay for a CRB check £25 and a 5 year work history references and other I.D such as bank statements...basically thereafter you will be given a time to collect your van. ALL IN ALL A VERY EASY PROCESS TO GET EMPLOYMENT WITH NIGHT TRUNKER. You will collect the van along with other new employees from Link Central in Tamworth.

Now after you have collected the van (and on a high that you have a great job-think again!!) you are NOW TOTALLY responsible for the petrol (remember this is deducted from your wages) and will now also be paying £265 a WEEK (this amount is also deducted from your wages). You are also responsible for the general maintenance of the van such as bulbs, oil, water, tyres etc.

Thereafter you are texted job picks on your mobile from Outbound Control Centre. These are varied jobs and you may be picking up from varied depos such as Coventry City Link, Cannock WS11 8LD, Tamworth B78, etc...

PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS HAND BALL INVOLVED - LOADING UP AND LOADING DOWN!!!

You will be delivering to Scotland (Aberdeen, Glenrothes, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc) approximately 3 times a week for which you are paid one payment inclusive of driving up (to scotland) and driving down (Coventry). The other 2 days you will get local delivery jobs such as Crewe, Cannock, Tamworth, etc. Weekend jobs will only be local english jobs such as Waitrose down south. Bearing in mind that you are only paid 42.5PencePerMile for local english jobs!! Fuel for all jobs allocated will be paid on a fuel card which ultimately is deducted from your payment for each job. You will have to fill tank going up to scotland and also fill up again to return - With Mercedes Sprinter vans!!

NOW REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU GET JOBS ALLOCATED OR NOT YOU ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VAN RENTAL OF £265. A LOT OF THE TIMES YOU WILL BE SITTING IN THE VAN WAITING FOR THEM TO CALL YOU IN FOR JOBS AND ON OCCASIONS YOU WILL BE SENT HOME AFTER WAITING 3/5 HOURS.

Many a times you will be allocated a pick up (Inbound) job in Aberdeen, Glenrothes, Edingburgh, Glasgow...this will have to be in the evening therefore you will have to sleep in the van till the following evening and then return with load. You are only paid an additional £20 for this stop over in scotland.

A JOB WHERE YOU WILL NOT SEE YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS FOR DAYS AS YOU WILL BE SLEEPING IN THE VAN SOMEWHERE IN SCOTLAND!! AND ALL THIS FOR VERY LITTLE MONEY!!! APPROX £200 A WEEK

ALL IN ALL NIGHT TRUNKER IS A VERY POORLY RUN COMPANY (ILL MANNERED, INTIMIDATING, HARASSING) WITH NO REGARD FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY OR DUE CARE FOR ITS DRIVER EMPLOYEES - YOU ARE AT TIMES REQUESTED TO BREAK THE LAW BY DRIVING OVER THE SPEED LIMITS AS YOU MAY BE RUNNING LATE - RECENTLY 2 DRIVERS WERE INJURED IN THEIR VANS DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY. WHEN QUESTIONED ABOUT ANY ASPECT OF THE JOB THE COMPANY STAFF ARE VERY RUDE AND RELUCTANT TO DEAL WITH ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE.

COMPANY REGULARLY EMPLOY NEW STAFF AS CURRENT AND NEW STAFF ARE ALWAYS LEAVING DUE TO NON PAYMENT OF WAGES, WORKING PATTERNS, NOT EARNING ENOUGH MONEY AND IN SOME CASES YOU ARE LEFT WITH OWING THE COMPANY MONEY DUE TO THEIR BULLY TACTICS.

OVERALL A COMPANY WHICH STANDS TO BENEFIT FROM YOUR 3 WEEK SERVICE AND THEN DISREGARD YOUR EXISTENCE BECAUSE YOU QUESTIONED YOUR PAYMENTS!! IM SURE THERE WILL BE MANY NEW COMING AND MANY LEAVING AT THE SAME TIME!! ITS JUST A SHAME THAT COMPANIES LIKE THIS GET AWAY WITH USING HUMAN BEINGS AS PAWNS IN THEM MAKING MORE & MORE MONEY AT DRIVERS EXPENSE!! SOMETHING TRULY NEEDS TO BE DONE!!

ANY COMMENTS??

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd

4563

NIGHTDRIVER said:


Hi all,

A MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOUR THINKING ABOUT WORKING FOR NIGHT TRUNKER..........

Firstly, can I offer my sincere sympathy to British Driver - TRUST ME you are not alone feeling disgusted with this company as like yourself there are many others who are promised to earn a good wage between £400 to £600 and at the least £359.46 (as provided on a sample invoice report sheet which will be given to all interview attendees). Also you are informed that you will not get paid for the first three weeks and will only get paid on the fourth week but REMEMBER you are only paid for 1 week as they hold three weeks in hand due to petrol statements taking 3 weeks to generate!!.

You will attend a first interview at Blucher Street in Birmingham along with many other interview attendees and basically Night Trunker simply take copies of all your driving licenses and request for you to be available for a trial run with another driver for 24 hours (which not to mention is a UNPAID trial- but you wont mind this as you are promised a great job). You are requested to bring along for this trial Safety Boots, Hi Vis Jacket, sleeping bag (to sleep in the van with the driver), food and water. The driver will pick you up from near the Burger trailer in Coventry City Link Depo. After attending this trial you are then called to a 2nd interview whereby you are requested to pay for a CRB check £25 and a 5 year work history references and other I.D such as bank statements...basically thereafter you will be given a time to collect your van. ALL IN ALL A VERY EASY PROCESS TO GET EMPLOYMENT WITH NIGHT TRUNKER. You will collect the van along with other new employees from Link Central in Tamworth.

Now after you have collected the van (and on a high that you have a great job-think again!!) you are NOW TOTALLY responsible for the petrol (remember this is deducted from your wages) and will now also be paying £265 a WEEK (this amount is also deducted from your wages). You are also responsible for the general maintenance of the van such as bulbs, oil, water, tyres etc.

Thereafter you are texted job picks on your mobile from Outbound Control Centre. These are varied jobs and you may be picking up from varied depos such as Coventry City Link, Cannock WS11 8LD, Tamworth B78, etc...

PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS HAND BALL INVOLVED - LOADING UP AND LOADING DOWN!!!

You will be delivering to Scotland (Aberdeen, Glenrothes, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc) approximately 3 times a week for which you are paid one payment inclusive of driving up (to scotland) and driving down (Coventry). The other 2 days you will get local delivery jobs such as Crewe, Cannock, Tamworth, etc. Weekend jobs will only be local english jobs such as Waitrose down south. Bearing in mind that you are only paid 42.5PencePerMile for local english jobs!! Fuel for all jobs allocated will be paid on a fuel card which ultimately is deducted from your payment for each job. You will have to fill tank going up to scotland and also fill up again to return - With Mercedes Sprinter vans!!

NOW REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU GET JOBS ALLOCATED OR NOT YOU ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE VAN RENTAL OF £265. A LOT OF THE TIMES YOU WILL BE SITTING IN THE VAN WAITING FOR THEM TO CALL YOU IN FOR JOBS AND ON OCCASIONS YOU WILL BE SENT HOME AFTER WAITING 3/5 HOURS.

Many a times you will be allocated a pick up (Inbound) job in Aberdeen, Glenrothes, Edingburgh, Glasgow...this will have to be in the evening therefore you will have to sleep in the van till the following evening and then return with load. You are only paid an additional £20 for this stop over in scotland.

A JOB WHERE YOU WILL NOT SEE YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS FOR DAYS AS YOU WILL BE SLEEPING IN THE VAN SOMEWHERE IN SCOTLAND!! AND ALL THIS FOR VERY LITTLE MONEY!!! APPROX £200 A WEEK

ALL IN ALL NIGHT TRUNKER IS A VERY POORLY RUN COMPANY (ILL MANNERED, INTIMIDATING, HARASSING) WITH NO REGARD FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY OR DUE CARE FOR ITS DRIVER EMPLOYEES - YOU ARE AT TIMES REQUESTED TO BREAK THE LAW BY DRIVING OVER THE SPEED LIMITS AS YOU MAY BE RUNNING LATE - RECENTLY 2 DRIVERS WERE INJURED IN THEIR VANS DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY. WHEN QUESTIONED ABOUT ANY ASPECT OF THE JOB THE COMPANY STAFF ARE VERY RUDE AND RELUCTANT TO DEAL WITH ANY ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE.

COMPANY REGULARLY EMPLOY NEW STAFF AS CURRENT AND NEW STAFF ARE ALWAYS LEAVING DUE TO NON PAYMENT OF WAGES, WORKING PATTERNS, NOT EARNING ENOUGH MONEY AND IN SOME CASES YOU ARE LEFT WITH OWING THE COMPANY MONEY DUE TO THEIR BULLY TACTICS.

OVERALL A COMPANY WHICH STANDS TO BENEFIT FROM YOUR 3 WEEK SERVICE AND THEN DISREGARD YOUR EXISTENCE BECAUSE YOU QUESTIONED YOUR PAYMENTS!! IM SURE THERE WILL BE MANY NEW COMING AND MANY LEAVING AT THE SAME TIME!! ITS JUST A SHAME THAT COMPANIES LIKE THIS GET AWAY WITH USING HUMAN BEINGS AS PAWNS IN THEM MAKING MORE & MORE MONEY AT DRIVERS EXPENSE!! SOMETHING TRULY NEEDS TO BE DONE!!

ANY COMMENTS??

Just another scam in my eyes, another one to sty away from

PHAX

1891

I did manage a month with them, arrogant staff, FOUR interveiw dates, tight deadlines (try doing 80+ in fog around Jct 39 M6) no stopping (once with bloody good reason). If ya running behind their on ya back. Think I should stop there lol.

Mr G Courier Service

2288

Phil I'm guessing they're no buddy of yours

Esi Logistics

261

From what ive read i am a bit confused. Does this company say you will earn enough to pay £265 a week for the van and pay your fuel and end up with a wage of 400 to 600 or do they say you will gross 400 to 600 and then you pay your fuel and the 265 out of that?

Esi Logistics

261

Just re read it and am i right in thinking they tell you you will earn 400 to 600 as a wage after paying van and fuel but the reality is you dont?

PHAX

1891

I was earning £1400+pw then there was the van rental and fuel etc. My problem was sleeping in the van during day. Always knackered driving through the night so too dangerous. Lots of hanging around 'waiting'. James not good budddies but some of the guys have been there a few years. If you get 5 Aberdeens or Belfast it was a good job.

Adam Richards

11

@ business buddy, how long ago was you their and also whats the sleeping arrangements? Are you across the seats etc or do their vans have sleeper cabs etc?

Thanks in advance

PHAX

1891

About 18 months ago now. Sleep across seats m8. They provide 'jack sheet'. My advice is stay away.

chris

7

To be honest I worked for them and they were fine with me, as long as you stuck to 70 that was all they keep saying, which is fair enough really I suppose.

Walked away with £300/ week on average for 5 nights work.

Hartwell Postal / Courier Services

107

Well what can i say but stabbed in the back by these did a scotland then did two drops and pick up in scotland then on the way back get phone call to say they had lost a contract and sorry it was time to depart worked 13 nights of of 14 kept a eye on me through tracker got phone call while on m6 through roadworks saying faster please as your only doing 50 mph you should be doing 70 while a police car behind me in the vehicle build ups moaned about the time it took to load up at apc depot scotland but the pallet had not arrived there it was due annytime then moaned because i was caught up in the rush hour traffic on m8 a8 in the morning they wanted you to drive quicker than a sat nav ie eta otherwise something to look back at... Text messages to say about weed smoking as most of there driver seem to use if you sorted a service out for your van then that was something else then they wanted to fine you ect glad iam out of there employment...

Peter Robinson

15

Have posted this on another thread about Overnight Trunkers Ltd or Vizi Logistics as also known, but thought worth repeating here as well.

I have not worked for them but recently went to what they called an interview. I thought I was going for a job. It is not. The so called interview was held at a serviced office meeting room (I had the impression just rented by the hour).

The guy who did the interview, which mainly consisted of him explaining that the so called job was in fact self employed, did not give his name. Without going into every detail, it was eight guys there.

Claimed they did work for UK Express for many major logistics outfits.

Presented us with sample invoice showing payments for a variety of runs based on there overnight, sleep in van or use £20 allowance if long distance for a b and b, then a collection and return.

Sample invoice showed a net income of about £360 for the week after fuel and van paid for. Van was charged at about £260 for week, Did not work out what rate the petrol was paid at.

All seemed very unprofessional in way interview was conducted. My guess is that they are making money on the van lease deals from the drivers, and probably on the petrol too. No guarantees of work/runs.

When asked guy about the offices of the company he was vague, and when said would give it a go received a text to meet at a burger van on a road on an industrial estate in Coventry for a trial. Why not a depot?

All in all decided not to get involved as smelled a rat and other stories here suggest I was right to do so.

Be careful if considering working for Overnight Trunkers Ltd or Vizi Logistics!

Legrys Express Ltd

777

As for sleeping in the van if not bunk os provided (note the word bunk ) the night away alowance is £ 40

PHAX

1891

They too tight Les to pay a night allowance.

BCN EXPRESS ESSEX

320

This job might suit my brother in law as he is knobbing a bird in Glasgow, do they allow you to use your own van as hes got a Transit jumbo which he carts his motorcross bike around in? currently he helps out at a food factory preparing sandwichs etc but i think its finishing after christmas.

Bennetts Distribution

571

BCN EXPRESS ESSEX said:


This job might suit my brother in law as he is knobbing a bird in Glasgow, do they allow you to use your own van as hes got a Transit jumbo which he carts his motorcross bike around in? currently he helps out at a food factory preparing sandwichs etc but i think its finishing after christmas.

As far as im aware you have to use their vans on a self employed basis, dont know of any owner drivers that work for them

AJM sameday Couriers

3078

BCN EXPRESS ESSEX said:


This job might suit my brother in law as he is knobbing a bird in Glasgow, do they allow you to use your own van as hes got a Transit jumbo which he carts his motorcross bike around in? currently he helps out at a food factory preparing sandwichs etc but i think its finishing after christmas.

Tell you brother in law to get a bird closer to home.

A E Delivery

53

.insolventcompanies.co.uk/night-trunker-limited-07596408/

Being wound up

Nightrider

103

I posted in another thread about this lot, in the welcome forum. They have an awful lot of work, that most courier companies can only dream about. If you can handle making five trips from Coventry to Aberdeen and back a week, and sleeping in a van in Scotland, then you can make good money. In your first week you might only get three Glasgows, and if you drive at 80mph you will not make a dollar, once your fuel and rental is deducted. If you can handle being treated like pondlife, having 5 hours sleep a day, working 100 hours a week, and going 5 hours without weeing then this is the job for you! They do use people with their own vans, but not to Scotland, and only after all of their vans are full. Oh how I miss hanging around Coventry Airport waiting for a load!

AJM sameday Couriers

3078

2 things. 5 hours without a wee is a doddle, the other thing is when did Coventry get an airport?

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd

4563

AJM sameday Couriers said:


2 things. 5 hours without a wee is a doddle, the other thing is when did Coventry get an airport?

There is an airport there gary, my sister lives about 5 mins away from mate

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd

4563

Nightrider said:


I posted in another thread about this lot, in the welcome forum. They have an awful lot of work, that most courier companies can only dream about. If you can handle making five trips from Coventry to Aberdeen and back a week, and sleeping in a van in Scotland, then you can make good money. In your first week you might only get three Glasgows, and if you drive at 80mph you will not make a dollar, once your fuel and rental is deducted. If you can handle being treated like pondlife, having 5 hours sleep a day, working 100 hours a week, and going 5 hours without weeing then this is the job for you! They do use people with their own vans, but not to Scotland, and only after all of their vans are full. Oh how I miss hanging around Coventry Airport waiting for a load!

No point working for these anyway as they are in liquidation

Nightrider

103

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Airport Parcelforce has a massive hub located next to Coventry Airport, Citylink also. 5 hours is along time to hold in a wee when you absolutely have to go, but you are absolutely not allowed to pull over. They only allow one short break every journey. I believe they have renamed themselves from Night trunkers, from what was posted in the welcome area.

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd

4563

According to companies house, night trunker ltd is in liquidation, night trunking services ltd is dissolved, they may still be trading as night trunker, but its not a ltd company. Ive done a google search and that comes up is the ltd company

Nightrider

103

Thats amazing if they have gone bust. They must have had over 100 vans on the road. I wonder who is hauling for Parcelforce and Citylink to Scotland now? I won't shed any tears though for them, infact I will crack a cold one!

A P Speed Parcels

33

[Admin]Post edited at user's request

AJM sameday Couriers

3078

What sort of vehicle where you running while doing this work?

Nightrider

103

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


According to companies house, night trunker ltd is in liquidation, night trunking services ltd is dissolved, they may still be trading as night trunker, but its not a ltd company. Ive done a google search and that comes up is the ltd company

There are two companies involved UK Express Deliveries, and Night Trunkers. The vans were leased to the drivers, who are contracted to Night trunkers, who are contracted to UKXD, who are contracted to Parcelforce. Thus as long as UKXD are still going, then the sorry circle continues. www. Ukxd. Co. Uk The vans are all Sprinters.

AJM sameday Couriers

3078

Nightrider said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


According to companies house, night trunker ltd is in liquidation, night trunking services ltd is dissolved, they may still be trading as night trunker, but its not a ltd company. Ive done a google search and that comes up is the ltd company

There are two companies involved UK Express Deliveries, and Night Trunkers. The vans were leased to the drivers, who are contracted to Night trunkers, who are contracted to UKXD, who are contracted to Parcelforce.
Thus as long as UKXD are still going, then the sorry circle continues. www. Ukxd. Co. Uk The vans are all Sprinters.

The old saying while they can get people to work for them then there is no need for them to change anything.

Nightrider

103

The old saying while they can get people to work for them then there is no need for them to change anything.

There are quite a few threads on this site about them! Vizi Logistics is what they call themselves now. I got the job from jobcentre. I recently had been driving a truck for ten years in New Zealand, where 70 hour weeks were common. Working for this mob nearly finished me, but I hacked it long enough to pay off my debts and save some money. To do it as your first driving job would be a killer. I can't believe they have gone bust. They have one small office and less than ten staff. They are claiming everbodies VAT on the diesel which must be worth thousands, they are making money off the leases, and then whatever else they make off Royal Mail.

A E Delivery

53

Nightrider

103

The numbers at the top are the prices per job, plus £265 has got in there which is van rental. I can't work out what the £791.23 is. The numbers at the bottom are his fuel card read out. His income was £1,582.69 His costs were £1,056.23 So he should have earned £526.46, which is not bad. How he managed to make a loss I cannot see.

Nightrider

103

£791.23 was his total fuel bill. We can't work out from this how he managed to make a loss. There must be another invoice with fuel and another weeks van rental on it coming to £691.64 to give him a loss of £165.52.

A P Speed Parcels

33

[Admin]Post edited at user's request

A P Speed Parcels

33

[Admin]Post edited at user's request

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd

4563

Nightrider said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


According to companies house, night trunker ltd is in liquidation, night trunking services ltd is dissolved, they may still be trading as night trunker, but its not a ltd company. Ive done a google search and that comes up is the ltd company

There are two companies involved UK Express Deliveries, and Night Trunkers. The vans were leased to the drivers, who are contracted to Night trunkers, who are contracted to UKXD, who are contracted to Parcelforce. Thus as long as UKXD are still going, then the sorry circle continues. www. Ukxd. Co. Uk The vans are all Sprinters.

I've heard of UK express deliveries. I know of a fw people that have been ripped off by them aswell. So I think its another no go area to be honest

AJM sameday Couriers

3078

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


Nightrider said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


According to companies house, night trunker ltd is in liquidation, night trunking services ltd is dissolved, they may still be trading as night trunker, but its not a ltd company. Ive done a google search and that comes up is the ltd company

There are two companies involved UK Express Deliveries, and Night Trunkers. The vans were leased to the drivers, who are contracted to Night trunkers, who are contracted to UKXD, who are contracted to Parcelforce. Thus as long as UKXD are still going, then the sorry circle continues. www. Ukxd. Co. Uk The vans are all Sprinters.

I've heard of UK express deliveries. I know of a fw people that have been ripped off by them aswell. So I think its another no go area to be honest

I can't quite understand why people get ripped off so often, if somebody ripped me off I would pay them a visit and not mess about telling people on websites at the end off the day its my money.

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd

4563

AJM sameday Couriers said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


Nightrider said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


According to companies house, night trunker ltd is in liquidation, night trunking services ltd is dissolved, they may still be trading as night trunker, but its not a ltd company. Ive done a google search and that comes up is the ltd company

There are two companies involved UK Express Deliveries, and Night Trunkers. The vans were leased to the drivers, who are contracted to Night trunkers, who are contracted to UKXD, who are contracted to Parcelforce. Thus as long as UKXD are still going, then the sorry circle continues. www. Ukxd. Co. Uk The vans are all Sprinters.

I've heard of UK express deliveries. I know of a fw people that have been ripped off by them aswell. So I think its another no go area to be honest

I can't quite understand why people get ripped off so often, if somebody ripped me off I would pay them a visit and not mess about telling people on websites at the end off the day its my money.

I've never been ripped of as yet, but I always ask about to see if anyone had heard of the company before I commit to do any work for them. A company check aswell, if more people done this then they wouldn't get ripped off as much

AJM sameday Couriers

3078

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


AJM sameday Couriers said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


Nightrider said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


According to companies house, night trunker ltd is in liquidation, night trunking services ltd is dissolved, they may still be trading as night trunker, but its not a ltd company. Ive done a google search and that comes up is the ltd company

There are two companies involved UK Express Deliveries, and Night Trunkers. The vans were leased to the drivers, who are contracted to Night trunkers, who are contracted to UKXD, who are contracted to Parcelforce. Thus as long as UKXD are still going, then the sorry circle continues. www. Ukxd. Co. Uk The vans are all Sprinters.

I've heard of UK express deliveries. I know of a fw people that have been ripped off by them aswell. So I think its another no go area to be honest

I can't quite understand why people get ripped off so often, if somebody ripped me off I would pay them a visit and not mess about telling people on websites at the end off the day its my money.

I've never been ripped of as yet, but I always ask about to see if anyone had heard of the company before I commit to do any work for them. A company check aswell, if more people done this then they wouldn't get ripped off as much

Most people are fine, its the tossers that make a hobby out of doing it.

East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd

4563

AJM sameday Couriers said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


AJM sameday Couriers said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


Nightrider said:


East-Lancs Sameday Couriers Ltd said:


According to companies house, night trunker ltd is in liquidation, night trunking services ltd is dissolved, they may still be trading as night trunker, but its not a ltd company. Ive done a google search and that comes up is the ltd company

There are two companies involved UK Express Deliveries, and Night Trunkers. The vans were leased to the drivers, who are contracted to Night trunkers, who are contracted to UKXD, who are contracted to Parcelforce. Thus as long as UKXD are still going, then the sorry circle continues. www. Ukxd. Co. Uk The vans are all Sprinters.

I've heard of UK express deliveries. I know of a fw people that have been ripped off by them aswell. So I think its another no go area to be honest

I can't quite understand why people get ripped off so often, if somebody ripped me off I would pay them a visit and not mess about telling people on websites at the end off the day its my money.

I've never been ripped of as yet, but I always ask about to see if anyone had heard of the company before I commit to do any work for them. A company check aswell, if more people done this then they wouldn't get ripped off as much

Most people are fine, its the tossers that make a hobby out of doing it.

That is true mate

A P Speed Parcels

33

A E Delivery said: i have call from admin must delete this info,its say my that confidential

[mtvan Admin]Just to be quite clear, that was not mtvan admin calling.

Drivers R Us (midlands) LTD

144

If any company asks you to sleep in a day cab (i. E no bed) its illegal pure and simple id tell them to do one bigtime.

Nightrider

103

Drivers R Us (midlands) LTD said:


If any company asks you to sleep in a day cab (i. E no bed) its illegal pure and simple id tell them to do one bigtime.

It is illegal only in vehicles over 3.5 tonne, thus having tachographs. I had a big airbed and used to sleep in the back. I believe our friends in the EUSSR are hoping to have tacho's in vans soon, which caused alot of consternation with the management at UKXD. When they cancelled my contract they never gave a reason, but maybe it was because I went sight seeing down the Falls Road in Belfast. They tried to get me to hand back the van straight away, but I knew they would charge me the full weeks rent. I was thinking of going into Parcelforce and giving the UKXD despatcher a knuckle sandwich, I drove past and my phone went mental. Then I did a few laps of the office in Birmingham at 2am, in an Old Testament fashion. The arrogant little controller inside would have been poohing himself. I was contemplating causing a fuss with VOSA and getting the contract reinstated, but I was glad to just walk away. I explained to the monkey in the jobcentre about them, and he just could not have cared less.

drainerlogistics

7

I aye never had any problem with night trunker ukxd whatever you want to call us, I been with them for 6 ish months picked up decent money. The job suits me to the ground.

But yeah there has been a couple of times i've vented at the office staff but at the end of the day I get paid and its all that matters aye it.

Enjoy this discussion? Check out these related topics: Need to know more about Night trunker Ltd, Road closures at night, Clubbing on Saturday Night, uk express,night turnk,dhl,citylink, Stop-over or homeward bound, Bed and Breakfast sites, Overnight in the van, european work, www.drive4money.co.uk, Snackbox.

Reply To Topic

We invite anyone involved in the courier industry to share their knowledge to other on the mtvan courier forum. If you're a member then sign in to post, if you're an owner driver or courier company then please sign up for free.

For more information on what you can discuss on our courier forum please see our courier forum guidelines.